- We are grateful to Prof. Harvey Lam at Princeton University for his suggestion of the general slip boundary condition used in this study.
- We would like to thank S. Tison of NIST, Prof. Kenneth
Breuer and Mr. Errol Arkilic of MIT and Prof. C.M. Ho of UCLA for supplying the experimental data in tabular form.
- We are grateful to Prof. G. Bird for providing an early version of the DSMC code.
- We also acknowledge valuable discussions with W. Trimmer of Belle Mead Research Inc. on MEMS applications
- We thank Prof. Kazuo Aoki of Kyoto University (Japan)
for our discussions about rarefied gas flows.
- Valuable discussions with Mr. Edward Pikos of MIT on DSMC methods and discussions on
micro-flows with Prof. Yithsak Zohar of Hong Kong University is greatly appreciated.
- Help of Mr. Constantinos Evangelinos in developing this web site is
This work was supported initially by NSF ECS-90-23760; partial support was also
provided by AFOSR.
Back to Micro-Flow web pages.
Back to Ali Beskok's web pages.